The individual named POPAI Retail Marketer of the Year 2017 will take away more than $40K in prizes, including a $12K trip for two to Euroshop 2017 in Germany, in a major new initiative for POPAI’s benchmark Marketing @ Retail Awards. Entries close 15 July, winner announced 15 September.
POPAI General Manager Lee McClymont said the prestigious award program has expanded to now reward individual thought leadership, in addition to best practice retail marketing case studies. “The Retail Marketer of the Year will be awarded to an individual from a creative agency, brand manufacturer, retailer, research / shopper behaviour or POP company, with less than 25 years of service, who merits recognition for thought leadership and industry achievements,” said Ms. Mclymont.
“Senior judges including major brands and retailers will be looking for demonstrated industry leadership; such as a program demonstrating best-practice thinking, superior understanding of industry challenges, and positive influence in the retail marketing and shopper experience industry. Entry is easy and online, with responses to five questions.”
“Companies who nominate their star performers are also rewarded with a corporate team mentoring and talent assessment packages, worth in excess of $30K.”
“Thanks to major prize sponsors F2T Travel, Real World
Marketing and Six Degrees Executive Recruitment, more than $40K in prizes will
be awarded to the individual and their nominating company.” says Ms McClymont.
- $12K trip for two to Euroshop 2017 in Germany, and a side trip to Paris thanks to F2T Travel
- $12K Real World Marketing Mentoring Package for winning individual or nominating business
- $20K Six Degrees Executive Talent Assessment Process for winning individual and their company team (up to 4)
FIVE SIMPLE QUESTIONS
- Why? - Provide a 1 page resume detailing career, roles, achievements and academic background. Max 200 words
- What? - Detail a program you have led which has aligned retail marketing or shopper experience to the overall business objective and delivered best practice or innovation in market. Describe the context, the objectives you set, how you executed and the result explaining challenges and how you overcame them. Max 200 words
- How? - What is the biggest opportunity (or challenge) that the Shopper Marketing and retail experience Industry faces, and how you might address this challenge? Max 200 words
- Results? - What impact do you personally want to have on the Shopper Marketing Industry? 120 words
- Reference? - Please provide a reference from a current employer or client / customer. 120 words
ENTERING ONLINE IS EASY.
- Just go to https://marketingatretail.awardsplatform.com/
- Hit 'register' and fill out the fields
- Select the Retail Marketer of the Year Category
- Enter your responses, submit and pay. It's that simple.
The Retail Marketer of the Year Award is a new award category in the POPAI Marketing @ Retail Awards, Australia’s biggest and only dedicated retail marketing excellence awards. Other new award categories in 2016 include the individual POPAI Hall of Lifetime Achievement Award, the Environmental Stewardship Award.
There are 25 total categories, across two streams; "Physical Store," and "Shopper Experience," plus the new Individual Achievement awards and special Pinnacle ‘Best in Class’ awards, selected from the Gold winners in each category. A complete guide to the Awards may be found HERE
Individual entries to the Retail Marketer of the Year Award cost POPAI Members $125 + GST Non-Members $195 + GST. Entrants must be available on Thursday 8 September for a round panel discussion with the judges, should they be selected as finalist from the online entries. Entrants must also be available to sit on a discussion panel at the POPAI International Summit on Friday 16 September.
DATES AND DEADLINES
Friday 15 April Entries Open Online
Friday 15 July Entries Close Online
Friday 26 August Six Finalists Announced
Thursday 8 September Finalist Round Table
Thursday 15 September Winner Announced - Awards Gala, Doltone House Hyde Park
Friday 16 September Winner joins panel at POPAI Summit
The Retail Marketer of the Year entries are first reviewed and scored online 5-26 August by a senior panel of senior industry representatives, and six finalists are chosen.
The public can commence voting for finalists from 27 August, with public vote accounting for 20% of overall winner selection. Entrants must be available on Thursday 8 September for a round panel discussion with the judges in Sydney, should they be selected as finalist. Entrants must also be available to sit on a discussion panel at the POPAI International Summit on Friday 16 September, at Sydney Showground.
PRIZE AND PARTNER INFORMATION
TRAVEL PRIZE: Trip for Two: EuroShop Retail Trade Fair March 2017 – Germany
- thanks to F2T Travel Promotions & Incentives: f2t.com.au/
- Return economy airfares for 2 from winners nearest Australian capital city to Dusseldorf Germany and returning from Paris
- All airline & airport taxes
- One way airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfers in Dusseldorf and Paris
- 5 nights 4* accommodation Dusseldorf including breakfast (in 4th March 2017 – out 9th March 2017)
- Admission for 2 to the EuroShop Retail Trade Fair 2017 = Fair Ground Dusseldorf
- Dusseldorf Transport card for 2
- One way 1st class train from Dusseldorf to Paris
- 3 nights 4 star accommodation Paris including breakfast for 2
- 1 day hop on hop off sightseeing pass and Seine River Cruise for 2 Paris
- 4 course dinner for 2 with access to a VIP window-side table at 58 Tour Eiffel Tower's
- VIP entry for 2 including a bottle of champagne to Moulin Rouge
- VALUED at up to $12,000.00 + GST
OFFICIAL TRAVEL PARTNER: F2T
F2T is a travel and incentives company who specialise in working alongside marketing and advertising agencies to compliment campaigns; from concept development and management to, importantly, fulfilment of the travel prize. Details at f2t.com.au
INDIVIDUAL / BUSINESS MENTORING PRIZE: REAL WORLD MARKETING-
- Thanks to Real World Marketing realworldmarketing.com.au/
Mentoring package for either the winning individual or nominating business, including:
- 12X 1-hour customised mentoring sessions with the Real World Marketing team
- Program preparation, delivery and follow up
- VALUED at $12,000 + GST
MENTOR PRIZE PACKAGE PARTNER: REAL WORLD MARKETING
Real World Marketing is a team of experienced, best practice FMCG professionals, who are passionate about utilising all of their knowledge and processes to help clients achieve better results. Their philosophy is grounded in the need for brand manufacturers / suppliers and retailers to work together to create mutual value that drives both growth and profitability.
- Helping brand suppliers to develop Strategies for Growth - from understanding and providing solutions for consumers and shoppers in meeting needs in optimal and inspiring ways across the range of pre and in store levers.
- Assisting brand suppliers develop initiatives that deliver growth in the marketplace – across Brand, Category, Shopper Marketing and Customer touch point
- Building capability within business through a combination of coaching, facilitation, live project work and process enhancement
- Details at www.realworldmarketing.com.au
NOMINATING COMPANY PRIZE: SIX DEGREES TALENT ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
- thanks to Six Degrees Executive sixdegreesexecutive.com.au
For the winner of the POPAI Retail Marketer of the Year Award, Six Degrees will provide a “Talent Assessment” program for the winner and their team. “Talent Assessment” provides rich insights used for developing senior talent including strengths and blind spots and this can be used to take talent from “good to great”. Third party analysis helps an organization understand capability, motivations, performance and whether they have the right skills to deliver results in today’s competitive environment. An assessment program is comprehensive and involves:
- Clear briefing to ensure Six Degrees is immersed in the business context
- Core competency analysis and agreement on the critical experience, knowledge and interpersonal skills
- An in person assessment where Six Degrees explore career background, experiences, skills
- Psychometric profiling to gain a deeper understanding of the individual that can be tailored depending on the needs and
overlayed on the competency framework
- In-depth 360˚ reference
- In depth report describing the person’s characteristics, strengths and fit for role as well as development needs and potential
- Feedback and coaching sessions
- The program will enable the team, and leadership to gain a greater understanding relative to performance, and to help with individual development plans, effective structure and succession planning.
- VALUE: up to $20,000 + GST (package for four individuals within the team).
TEAM TALENT ASSESSMENT BUSINESS PRIZE PARTNER: SIX DEGREES EXECUTIVE
Six Degrees Executive is Australia’s leading specialist recruiter with a core focus in category and shopper marketing. It offers a breadth of services including specialist recruitment, executive search and talent consulting and work with the major FMCG organisations across Australia. Details at http://www.sixdegreesexecutive.com.au/
OFFICIAL CATEGORY SPONSOR: ACTIVE DISPLAY GROUP
For more information about the Marketing at Retail Awards Contact POPAI
MEET POPAI PARTNERS
The 2017 POPAI Marketing @ Retail Summit and Awards are proudly supported by: